It’s been an incredibly busy summer and early fall for me. Mainly because I started a new teaching job and moved to a new city. I would love to say that things will cool down in the near future, but we all know that’s unlikely. Still, I have managed to write a few things for that faith-based blog I love — Mockingbird — over the past few months. Here are my five most recent pieces:
- “When Money Matters” — Notes from the Under-Resourced Classroom — Oct. 21, 2021
- “The Lowly Ark of God” — Why the Virgin Mary Is One of My Favorite Protestant Saints — Aug. 31, 2021
- “Don’t Believe the Hype” — It Might Be Human Nature to Turn People into Heroes, But We Often Destroy Them in the Process. — Aug. 4, 2021
- “Looking for a Reason to Get Out of Bed: Binx Bolling’s ‘Search‘” — Notes From the Mockingbird Book Club — July 12, 2021
- “Being a Christian, In Spite of Yourself” — Flannery O’Connor’s Wise Blood: Notes from the Mockingbird Book Club — June 16, 2021
Hope you find something interesting in that lot. By the way, if you’re ever interested in a solid (i.e. not gag-inducing) faith-based podcast, you should check out The Mockingcast, which is put on by some of the Mockingbird crew. Take care, y’all.